Laura Marinelli has it all; Talent, looks, and a loving husband who happens to be WAW British Light Heavyweight Champion Marco Marinelli. This woman will officially make her wrestling debut on Sunday, but the talent she can bring will certainly wow the audience with ease. With 29 other women competing for a shot at Sammi Baynes’ RQW European Ladies Championship, it will be tough for her to get the job done but she is more capable.
In this interview she will address the match itself, the women in this industry, and many varying topics. Without further interruption, here is the interview with Miss Laura Marinelli its entirety.
1. What got you involved in professional wrestling?
My husband brought me to WAW a couple of years ago and I really enjoyed the training I got from Sweet Saraya and Ricky Knight. At home, my husband helped me to understand their British wrestling style.
2. What is it like top be involved in women’s wrestling?
I feel that the women’s wrestling is fun and exciting. I don’t know what to expect at Bellatrix show, but very excited.
3. Aside from Bellatrix, what other promotions are you involved in?
No one else. But I am very excited to be in the First Ladies 30 lady rumble.
4. You are going to be involved in the history making 30 Woman Rumble at Bellatrix 8. What do you expect from that match?
I am excited but also very nervous. It will be the first time I have wrestled in my life.
5. What is your favorite moment in your career?
My favourite moment will be when I wrestle for the first time this Sunday at Bellatrix 8. For someone who is deaf I would like to show, with hard work you can do any thing you want.
6. What is your honest opinion on the women’s wrestling scene?
I think to be a good women’s wrestler you need to train hard and you need to wrestle hard because I have seen Sweet Saraya and her daughter Paige wrestler and they hit hard a lot harder then the men. (Laughs)
7. Let’s go around with name association. I say a name, you can respond to whatever you please. Marco Marinelli?
8. Lady Penelope?
9. Billie Joe?
I don’t know who she is.
10. Cheerleader Melissa?
11. Saraya Knight?
Very good wrestler, The boss.
12. Would you like to wrestle in top US women’s wrestling promotions like SHIMMER in the near future?
Not for me, I would like to stay with my husband. I think we will make a great team with me as his manager. Like Macho Man and Miss Elizabeth
13. Who is your dream opponent and why?
Sweet Saraya because she has helped me to learn so much about wrestling, and I have seen her wrestle, she’s very good.
14. What does the future hold for you?
I would like to stay for and string with running marathons, boxing and wrestling.
15. In closing, would you like to leave a last message for your fans?
Thank you for your support and for giving me the chance to wrestle. I hope in the future that you will support me in running a marathon in the bear future to raise money for cancer and for deaf and blind people.
Special thanks to Laura for her time for this interview as well as Saraya Knight and Axl Lynch for their help in the process. Additional thanks to Marco Marinelli for allowing this interview to take place. To learn more about Bellatrix, check out their Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/BellatrixFW and hit the like button. Also check them out on Twitter too @BellatrixFW.
You can follow me on Twitter @matthewhollie and the official Barbwire Blog Twitter @BarbwireBlog
All classic Bellatrix matches are available for download on http://www.clickwrestle.com/name/bellatrix-female-warriors