Mickie Knuckles Is one of women’s wrestling’s hardcore stars. Whether it’s a traditional match or a straight-up, no-nonsense, hardcore match, expect Mickie to be a winner each time. An active competitor since 2003, Mickie has made enemies out of several key names; like Hailey Hatred, Amazing Kong, LuFisto, MsChif, Mercedes Martinez, Saraya Knight, even D’Arcy Dixon is not safe from the wrath of Mickie Knuckles. She is also a former TNA Knockout, utilizing the standard she had raised for herself.
In this interview, you will read about her beginning and her match against the former NWA Women’s Champion Kacee Carlisle at VALKYRIE later this month. Like all the interviews I have done, this is 100% uncensored. Without any further interruption, here is the interview in its entirety.
1. What got you so involved with professional wrestling?
I have always been a huge fan of wrestling. I remember watching wrestling on Saturday morning T.V and the first show I went to live, I saw Miss Texas beat the hell out of Downtown Bruno. Ever since that moment I was in love with the idea and art of professional wrestling. When I was about 16 yrs old/ 17 yrs old I started backyard wrestling with my brother-in-law and his friends and the promoter’s wife asked if I was interested in training and that’s how it began!
2. What were your early years in the wrestling business like?
Rough. I was tempted to quit because my trainer hated women wrestlers and wanted me to quit. I def had to win the other workers over and eventually I did.
3. You will be involved in VALKYRIE Women’s Wrestling in the coming weeks when you face Kacee Carlisle in one of the scheduled matches. What is your take on the match?
I believe it will be competitive and very rough. However, I know that I am older and that I am wiser and I hope Kacee knows what kind of match she is stepping in.
4. You have been involved with TNA briefly in your career. What was it like to work in that company?
It was different. The whole atmosphere will consume you and make you forget who you truly are if you allow it to.
5. What is your take on women’s wrestling?
Just like a bunch of apples, you have a few bad one but if you get them out of the pile, then the bunch will be saved.
6. You are currently the RESISTANCE PRO Women’s Champion as of this interview. Can you tell our readers how you win that belt?
It was a first blood match against D’Arcy Dixon and I was just a little bit smarter than her… I had the opportunity and I utilize it.
7. Who is your dream opponent and why?
Bull Nakano…. and WHY NOT?
8. Let’s go around with name association. I say a name, you can respond to whatever you please. LuFisto?
9. Saraya Knight?
10. Cheerleader Melissa?
11. Nikki Roxx?
12. D’Arcy Dixon?
13. With Valkyrie a driving focus for women’s wrestling in New York City, do you believe it can be successful in NYC?
I believe I can be successful anywhere. I have the drive to be successful and I also have the one thing others lack. It isn’t about facing someone who can kick your ass, its the threat of the unknowing in facing someone who will go through any amount of personal hell to make you feel even that little bit of pain that they think you should feel. That person is me.
14. What does the future hold for you?
I don’t know, honestly I didn’t think I would make it to 30 and have a family.
15. In closing, would you like to leave a last message for your fans?
This is the Age of the Moose…prepare yourself because it’s going to be a crazy ride.
Special thanks to Mickie for her time for this interview as well as the good people over at VALKYRIE Women’s Pro Wrestling for their help in the process. To keep up with Mickie, follow her on Twitter @MickieLKnuckles. If you want to champ out what Mickie Knuckles is all about, check out her collection of her matches on ClickWrestle at http://www.clickwrestle.com/mickie-knuckles.
You can follow me on Twitter @matthewhollie and the Official BarbwireBlog Twitter @BarbwireBlog