Sammi Baynes in 2013 returned to the Ring after a lengthy hiatus and win big in the clutch by beating Liberty for the RQW European Ladies Championship with the help of Courtney Rush. Fast forward to this year and so far, nobody has been able to knock off the champ yet, but her opponent Blue Nikita has come close, twice. This rivalry it’s so intense it now has to be inside a steel cage to keep the interference to a minimum.
Sammi is also coming off a maddening first half of the year, which is covered here on The Barbwire Blog a few months back. The comeback of Sammi Baynes is still in full swing and so far, nobody had the nerve to stop this one-woman-wrestling-machine.
In Sammi’s brand new interview, she’ll discuss the event as well as other questions. Sammi is known to be extremely honest, so let’s get down to business, shall we?
1. At Bellatrix IX, you basically took Blue Nikita to the limit. Can you tell our readers about that match?
It was a brutal hard hitting match, where both competitors tried their hardest to out do the other and with our styles being quite similar, it showed, with our match ending in a double knockout, weapons were used and punches were thrown but we both wanted the win as much as the other and neither of us could get it.
2. With Bellatrix X coming at the end of September, you will be against Blue Nikita again, this time in a Hardcore Steel Cage Match. What do you expect from that match?
For it to be an absolute brawl from start to finish, I plan on walking in and leaving as champion (just like I always do) and I’ll do whatever it takes to get the win!
3. You have gained a new ally in Lady Penelope, when she turned on Saraya Knight to join you and Axl Lynch. What do you make of this alliance?
I was shocked to say the least, but she knew what was good for her and what she needed to do to be the best, and that’s obviously by our side! She made the right choice.
4. Outside of Bellatrix, what kept you busy in the wrestling scene?
WAW of course the best promotion with the best talent I have ever seen, call me biased but it’s true! I have also worked for a few other promotions this year such as HEW, fierce females, all star wrestling and AYSE of Belgium.
5. With the Bellatrix debut of Allysin Kay at Bellatrix X, do you think she will be a perfect fit for Bellatrix?
I guess so, what is the perfect fit when it comes to bellatrix? Everyone is different, I just hope she destroys Liberty!
6. Do you think you will be successful as champion with Axl Lynch by your side?
I would be successful with or without him, don’t get me wrong he’s an awesome manager but I’m more than capable of handling my own business too. Having axl is an added bonus. 😉
7. In closing, would you like to leave a final comment for your fans as well as Blue Nikita?
Fans? I don’t have any fans nor do I need any, but Blue Nikita better be prepped well for this one cause the way I see it, this is the end and it’s not gonna be pretty!
Special thanks to Sammi Baynes for her time for this interview as well as Saraya Knight and Bellatrix’s Majority Shareholder Axl Lynch for their help in the process. To keep up with Sammi, follow her on Twitter @SammiBaynes.
You can follow me on Twitter @matthewhollie and the official Barbwire Blog Twitter @BarbwireBlog
All classic Bellatrix matches are available for download on http://www.clickwrestle.com/name/bellatrix-female-warriors